Terms and Conditions of Entry
- Information on how to enter and prizes form part of these Terms and Conditions of Entry (“Terms and Conditions”). Entry into the Travel Hopes and Fears Survey Campaign (“Competition”) is deemed acceptance of these Terms and Conditions.
- To the extent of any inconsistency between these Terms and Conditions and any other reference to this Competition, these Terms and Conditions prevail.
Who can enter
- The Promoter is Cover-More Insurance Services Pty Ltd (ABN 95 003 114 145) of Level 2, 60 Miller Street, North Sydney NSW 2060 Australia (“Promoter”).
- Subject to clause 5, entry is open to residents in Australia, New Zealand, United States of America or United Kingdom, who are over the age of 18 years, as of the date of entry, and who have fulfilled the requirements set out below (“Eligible Entrants”). Void where prohibited or restricted by law.
- Employees and immediate families of employees of the Promoter are not eligible to enter this Competition. Immediate family means any of the following: spouse, ex-spouse, de facto spouse, child or step child (whether natural or by adoption), parent, step parent, grandparent, step grandparent, uncle, aunt, niece, nephew, brother, sister, step brother, step sister or 1st cousin.
How to enter
- During 6. During the Incentive Period, Eligible Entrants will have the chance to win an eftpos gift card, or similar offering, to the value of 1,000 in the local currency of his or her place of residence. In order to enter, customers must complete and submit the survey found on the promoted Travel Hopes and Fears Typeform link: https://cover-more.typeform.com/to/fgBsNXky (“Website“)
- Entrants must provide, on request, all contact details, including a valid email address and postal address, to be eligible to win. Entrants may only enter in their own name. Only one entry per entrant will be eligible for the draw.
Open, Close, Draw and Publish dates
- The Competition commences on 07/01/2020 at 00:00 AEST and closes on 07/14/2020 at 23:59 AEST (“Incentive Period”).
- Entries must be received by the Promoter prior to the end of the Incentive Period.
- The prize (or in the case of vouchers, prize confirmations) will be sent within 28 days of the draw’s completion.
- The winner will be selected via random draw from Eligible Entrants. The Promoter will conduct the draw on 07/20/2020 at 11:00 AEST via the website https://www.randomdraws.com/. Odds of winning will vary depending on the number of eligible entries received.
- The winner will be notified by email within seven business days of the end of the Incentive Period.
- The winner of the Competition will be published on the Website on 08/20/2020.
- The Promoter may conduct a re-draw on 10/20/2020 at 11:00 AEST at the Promoter’s premises, in order to distribute any prizes unclaimed by this date, subject to the applicable legislation. Entries to any redraw will be made up of all Eligible Entrants. The winner of any re-draws will be notified by email within seven business days of the draw’s completion.
Prize on offer
- The prize is an eftpos gift card, or similar, valued at 1,000 in the local currency of the winner’s country of residence as at 06/19/2020 (“Prize”).
- The 16. The prize on offer is:
|[number]||[full details]||[Prize pool]|
|1||Eftpos gift card to the value of 1,000 local currency||NZ$1,000 or AU$1,000 or US$1,000 or £1,000 depending on the winner’s place of residence|
- Promotional assets and advertisements for this Competition in international markets may feature Cover-More Insurance Services Pty Ltd and any of its subsidiaries, holding companies, or subsidiaries of holding companies, including but not limited to Travelex Insurance Services Inc.
Further Terms and Conditions
- Any entrant found to have used a third party (including online competition entry site) to enter on their behalf will have all entries invalidated and any claim they have to any prize will be invalidated. If such an entrant is awarded the Prize and then found to have breached this clause, the entrant must immediately return the Prize awarded. The Promoter has sole discretion to determine if this clause has been breached by any entrant. The Promoter reserves the right to request whatever documentation it deems necessary to confirm if the entrant has breached this clause. An entrant must provide any requested documentation to the Promoter upon request. The Promoter reserves the right to disqualify any entrant who provides false information or who seeks to gain an unfair advantage or to manipulate this Competition.
- Any entrant found to be entering incorrect contact details, including incorrect email contact details, will have all entries invalidated and any claim to any prize will be invalidated. If such an entrant is awarded the Prize and then found to have breached this clause, the entrant must immediately return the Prize awarded. The Promoter has sole discretion to determine if this clause has been breached by any entrant. The Promoter reserves the right to request whatever documentation it deems necessary to confirm if the entrant has breached this clause. An entrant must provide any requested documentation to the Promoter upon request. In the event of a dispute concerning who properly entered to participate in the Competition, the entry will be declared to have been made by the authorized account holder which is defined as the natural person who is assigned to an email address by an internet provider, online service provider, or other organization (e.g., business, education institution, etc.) that is responsible for assigning email addresses for the domain associated with the submitted email address. A potential winner may be requested to provide the Promoter with proof that the potential winner is the authorized account holder of the email address. If a dispute cannot be resolved to the Promoter’s satisfaction, the entry will be deemed ineligible.
- If the Prize is unavailable, for whatever reason, the Promoter reserves the right to substitute the Prize for a prize of equal or greater value, subject to the applicable legislation. It is a condition of accepting the Prize that the winner must comply with all the conditions of use of the Prize and Prize supplier’s requirements. The Prize must be taken as stated and no compensation will be payable if a winner is unable to use the Prize as stated.
- The Promoter highly recommends a current residential street address be provided when requested for ease of correspondence and potential Prize delivery. The Promoter will make all reasonable efforts to deliver the Prize to the addresses provided by competition entrants. The Promoter cannot guarantee that the Prize returned to the Promoter due to non-delivery at the provided address will be re-sent to the Prize winner.
- The Promoter reserves the right to request winners to sign a winner’s deed of release (and indemnification) or any other relevant forms or agreements that the Promoter deems necessary, to provide proof of identity, proof of age, proof of residency at the nominated prize delivery address and/or proof of entry validity (including phone bill) in order to claim the Prize. Proof of identification, residency, age and entry considered suitable for verification is at the discretion of the Promoter. In the event that a winner cannot provide suitable proof, the winner will forfeit the prize in whole and no substitute will be offered.
- The Promoter reserves the right to conduct a re-draw in the event that an entrant, claiming to be a winner, is unable to satisfy these Terms and Conditions or has breached these Terms and Conditions.
- Subject to the applicable legislation, the Promoter’s decision in relation to any aspect of the Competition is final and binding on each person who enters. No correspondence will be entered into. No responsibility is accepted for late, lost or misdirected entries. The Prize is subject to availability, not transferable or exchangeable and cannot be taken as cash. The Prize will be sent to the winner’s nominated address. The Promoter and their associated agencies, and companies associated with this Competition will take no responsibility for prizes damaged or lost in transit.
- Redemption of the Prize is subject to any terms and conditions of the issuer including those specified on the Prize voucher.
Privacy Collection statement
- By participating in this Competition, entrants agree to the Promoter sharing any data or information collected with any of the Promoter’s holding companies or subsidiaries.
- By participating in this Competition, you agree to allow the Promoter and any of its holding companies or subsidiaries to contact you in relation to marketing offers and product updates.
Copyright, Statutory guarantees, Waiver and liability
- All entries and any copyright subsisting in the entries become and remain the property of the Promoter who may publish or cause to be published any of the entries received.
- In participating in the prizes, the winners agree to participate and co-operate as required in all editorial activities relating to the competition, including but not limited to being interviewed and photographed. The winners agree to grant the Promoter a perpetual and non-exclusive licence to use such footage and photographs in all media worldwide, including online social networking sites, and the winners will not be entitled to any fee for such use.
- Winners are advised that tax implications may arise from their prize winnings and they should seek independent financial advice prior to acceptance of that prize.
- The Promoter (subject to applicable legislation) reserves the right to amend, cancel or suspend this competition if an event beyond the control of the Promoter corrupts or affect the administration security, fairness, integrity or proper conduct of this competition. The Promoter will disqualify any individual who has tampered with the entry process or any other aspect of this competition. In particular, computer generated entries and the use “scripting” is not permitted and will not be accepted.
- Any cost associated with accessing the promotional website is the entrant’s responsibility and is dependent on the internet service provider used.
- Nothing in these Terms and Conditions limit, exclude or modify or purports to limit, exclude or modify the statutory consumer guarantees as provided under any applicable laws, including (but not limited to) the Competition and Consumer Act 2010 (Cth), as well as any other implied warranties under the ASIC Act or similar consumer protection laws in the State and Territories of Australia (‘Non-Excludable Guarantees‘).
- Except for any liability that cannot by law be excluded, including the Non-Excludable Guarantees, the Promoter (including its respective officers, affiliates, parents, employees and agents) is not responsible for and excludes all liability (including negligence) and entrants agree to indemnify and hold harmless the Promoter for any excluded liabilities as set forth herein, for any personal injury; or any loss or damage (including loss of opportunity); whether direct, indirect, special or consequential, arising in any way out of: (a) any technical difficulties or equipment malfunction (whether or not under the Promoter’s control); (b) any theft, unauthorised access or third party interference; (c) any entry or prize claim that is late, lost, altered, damaged or misdirected (whether or not after their receipt by the Promoter) due to any reason beyond the reasonable control of the Promoter; (d) any variation in prize value to that stated in these Terms and Conditions; (e) any tax liability incurred by a winner or Eligible Entrant; (f) use of a prize The Promoter (including its’ officers, employees and agents) excludes all liability for any loss (including, without limitation, indirect, special or consequential loss or loss of profits or opportunity), expense, damage, personal injury or death which is suffered or sustained (whether or not arising from any person’s negligence) in connection with this Competition including taking or using a prize, except for any liability which cannot be excluded by law (in which case that liability is limited to the minimum allowable by law), including the Non-Excludable Guarantees; and (g) any incorrect or inaccurate information, whether caused by website users or by any of the equipment or programming associated with or utilized in the Competition or by any technical or human error, which may occur in the processing of submissions in the Competition. Any change in value of the prize occurring between the publishing date and date the prize is claimed is not the responsibility of the Promoter.
- Promoter assumes no responsibility for any misdirected or lost mail, or any error, omission, interruption, deletion, defect, delay of operation or transmission, communications line failure, theft or destruction or unauthorized access to, or alteration of, entries. Promoter is not responsible for any problems or technical malfunction of any telephone network or lines, computer online systems, servers or providers, computer equipment, software, failure of email or players on account of technical problems or traffic congestion on the Internet or at any website or combination thereof, including injury or damage to entrant’s or any other person’s computer related to or resulting from participating downloading materials in the Competition.
- For residents of the United States: This competition shall be governed by, and construed in accordance with, the laws of the State of Nebraska, regardless of principles of conflicts of laws that may require the application of the laws of another jurisdiction. Any action or litigation concerning this competition shall take place exclusively in the federal or state courts sitting in Douglas County, Omaha, Nebraska, and by registering, each entrant expressly consents to the jurisdiction of and venue in such courts and waives all defenses of lack of jurisdiction and inconvenient forum with respect to such courts. ANY CLAIMS, JUDGMENTS AND/OR AWARDS SHALL BE LIMITED TO ACTUAL OUT-OF- POCKET COSTS ASSOCIATED WITH ENTERING THIS COMPETITION. ALL ENTRANTS HEREBY WAIVE ANY RIGHTS OR CLAIMS TO ATTORNEY’S FEES, INDIRECT, SPECIAL, PUNITIVE, INCIDENTAL OR CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES OF ENTRANT, WHETHER FORESEEABLE OR NOT AND WHETHER BASED ON NEGLIGENCE OR OTHERWISE. Sponsor does not make, nor is in any manner responsible for any warranty, representation, expressed or implied, in fact or in law, relative the quality, conditions, fitness or merchantability of any aspect of the prize awarded.
- For residents of the United States: to obtain a copy of any legally required winners list or a copy of the Terms and Conditions, send the applicable request and a self-addresses, stamped, #10 envelope to Travelex Insurance Services Inc. cc: travel-hopes-and-fears competition at 810 N. 96th St., Suite 300, Omaha, NE 68114. Request must be received no later than August 4, 2020 + 6 MONTHS for the name of the winner and, by the end of the Incentive Period, for a copy of the Terms and Conditions.
- Authorised under: NSW Permit No. LTPS/20/44181.