“Liking” a brand, celebrity or even an airport on Facebook reveals a lot about what you think about a person, place or service. In fact, this simple act is one of the most popular ways that many companies advertise and get to know their consumer base. Although going to the airport isn’t usually the most exciting aspect of your trip, there are some terminals that pack quite a punch.
If you are a frequent traveler who protects your trip investments by purchasing travel insurance, you might want to know which airports are getting the most love on Facebook. Thanks to Skift’s newest scores, you don’t have to wait any longer. Using their tech skills, Skift revealed which airports received the most likes on Facebook and which ones have the most impressive growth in terms of followers.
Here are the top 5 most-liked airports from across the world:
5. Dubai International Airport: With 196,792 likers (and counting), Dubai International probably has its massive duty-free shopping area to thank for all of the accolades.
4. Frankfurt Airport: This simple, streamlined terminal is known for excellent customer service and is Germany’s largest employment complex, according to the Huffington Post.
3. Los Angeles International Airport: Despite the airport’s latest renovations – which are causing traffic-related headaches, travelers still appear to love LAX. Or maybe it’s all of that California sunshine that’s making people so happy once they land in L.A.
2. Schiphol Amsterdam Airport: Amsterdam’s airport has everything: easy access to public transportation, great activities for the kids, a beautiful streamlined design and, to many travelers’ surprise, wedding venues.
1. Changi Airport Singapore: It should come as no shock that Changi comes in at first on this list with more than 368,000 likes. This airport is more like a Zen garden than a terminal, featuring nature trails and butterfly gardens.
Travelex Insurance Services provides travel insurance plans with flexible benefits and features for all types travel – leisure, business, group, student, adventure and more.